Saturday, February 05, 2005

Not a fun week

The last week has been a bit of a bummer. Tina's been up and down
nausea-wise, ending on sort of a down note. We had to miss our bible
study group on Thursday because she was feeling pretty rotten, and I
wasn't going to leave her alone.

Also, the dog has gotten an infection on her tummy. She's been bored
lately, cooped up in the house without getting all the walks she's
used to because of an arthritic hip. So in her boredom she started
licking her tummy, and gave herself a nice raw spot that got infected.
So, to prevent her from licking it, she has one of the big ol'
collars on. The word "tragicomic" must have been invented by somebody
looking at such a dog. The sight is the perfect balance of funny and
sad. She keeps knocking into the backs of my knees with it.

So not only has my wife been in the dumps, but so has my dog. It's
been a pretty not-fun week. It should be warmer this weekend, though -
around 50 - so Snickers and I will probably get some longer walks in.
(I do take the collar off when we walk!)

No comments: