Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Nick-naming nonsense

So we got a thank-you card from our nephew Nicholas today, for a birthday gift we got him (he just turned 5, I think). Kathy (the tyke's ma) had him sign his own name. He signed it, in large, cautious and somewhat unsteady script...

"Nick."

Tina was apoplectic. Just absolutely bonkers. She rationalized that it was probably just easier for his little brain to write four letters than eight, but deep inside (OK, not so deep) she was fuming at the poor little guy - well, more at his poor mum.

I just kinda giggled.

See ya...

UPDATE: I don't think there's acutally anything on here about Tina's hating nicknames. Well, Tina hates nicknames. Absolutely hates them. So that's why this was funny. Or wasn't. Sorry if this makes no sense. It was funny for me and that's all I know.

No comments: