Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Hey y'all

We've been a little busy and haven't gotten to posting lately. And we've heard about it! So here are a few pics to tide you over for a while. And here's some story:

We've moved into our new place. It's pretty big, so Tina gets to decorate lots of stuff. She's right now at this very moment crooning over various pictures of daisies to put on the wall. (As if she needs more stuff with daisies on it. The 25-foot moving truck was chock full, and 76.4% of the things in it had daisies on them. Really. I counted.)

I have about a week and a half until classes at Xavier start, so I have a little time to get my new career figured out. Fortunately I only have one course to teach (I have 3 sections of it, Monday & Wednesday afternoons and Tuesday evenings) so I don't have to prep for multiple courses. I'll also be back up in Michigan about the 20th of September to wrap up my dissertation, God (and my advisor) willing.

Ellie's having a ball, swimming at Mammaw and Pappaw's house almost every day (at least, almost every day we're not in Cleveland, where we were the last few days). She's getting to play with her cousins too. It's a good time for her. She's talking very well, singing a lot, figuring stuff out...I really wish I had some objective way of figuring out for sure whether she is in fact the most perfectest little kid ever, because I think she is, but of course I'm biased.

The only problem she has is that she's growing up and getting bigger, so she won't be my little monkey forever. Well, she'll be my monkey forever, but she's a lot less little than she was. And I like her little.

No comments: