Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Stuff and stuff and more stuff

Well, we got back from the shower in Cinti, and we now officially have a lot of baby stuff. My quickie estimate is over 500 diapers (Tina's sis Kathy works at Procter & Gamble and gets lots of samples), several thousand butt-wipes, plus a bunch of clothes, toys, etc. etc. etc.

It's all nice to have, and Tina says it makes life easier. And someone else will be moving us when we get out of here (assuming a moving allowance, which is fairly standard practice in the world of academic accounting) so I guess it's not too bad to have all that stuff.

I always wonder what people did before all this plastic stuff was invented. Did without, I guess. But I can't imagine how anything ever got done without copiers and faxes, so I'm spoiled in my own way. Well, here I am writing a blog rather than sending telegrams or *gasp* letters!

Anyway, thanks to all for donating such great stuff to our worthy cause.

No comments: