Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Animal names

I'm not sure I can in good conscience name anything, even something imaginary, Michael-ange-doodle-doo.

Leonardo Da Piggi might work. It's too bad Ottorino Respighi isn't better known, because naming the swine after him is a bit smoother. I guess I'll go with Ottorino Respiggi. Leonardo's already represented by the Moo-na Lisa, and this way we get a 20th century composer in the mix, too.

The rooster, I think, will be Papa Haydn and the chicks can be Wolfgang, Ludwig and Ignatz, for Mozart, Beethoven and Ignatz Pleyel, all students of Haydn's. (I never heard of Pleyel, but I like "Ignatz.") Since we have a ready-made Papa from the world of classical music, might as well use him, eh?

So that's it: Moo-na Lisa, Ottorino Respiggi, Johann Sebastian Baa-ch, and Papa, Wolfie, Ludwig and Ignatz.

Prizes for the winners to be determined later. Thanks for playing! (or Pleyel-ing, if you're Ignatz.)

No comments: