Friday, September 09, 2005

Lessons learned so far

  1. Don't wake her up to feed her. Let her wake up on her own.
  2. She's a lanolin junkie. She won't nurse without liberal applications of lanolin. I think it's because the nursing pads Tina uses leave a taste.
  3. Elizabeth likes the room cool.
  4. Mom & baby are the same temperature, which probably helps her keep Elizabeth the right temp. In a startling reversal, their core body temperature is higher than Dad's. Tina's always been freezing when I'm too warm, but during the pregnancy she was pretty warm. Some of her other side effects went away but this one didn't. Last night, I think we had her too warm so she fought and wailed. For 4 hours. Not fun.
  5. I gotta get some earplugs. She's got a set of lungs on her like I can't believe. I don't think in my entire life I've ever made a noise as loud as her crying.
  6. She's absolutely perfect-looking. A lot of babies have some goofiness - pointy head, blotches, something. But Elizabeth is the most prettiest baby ever.

No comments: