Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Reflections on a first week

  1. Don't say "lessons learned" anymore, cowboy. Say "reflections."
  2. Diapers are no big deal, so far anyway. They're not as fun as other things in life, but I think diaper duty is way overblown.
  3. Babies like to eat.
  4. Tina and I are developing as much as Lizzy is. We've been learning what (not) to do for the baby -- and for ourselves as well. I need to get used to the fact that Tina's a mom now, and probably mom first -- before my bride & best friend & comedy partner & trusted advisor & the rest of what she is. That's right and proper -- Elizabeth needs a mom most of all. But after 12ish years of Tina-n-Christian joined at the hip & heart, it's a change for us.
  5. Oh yeah -- I'm a daddy now too. (Though, happily, I'm not a "babydaddy.")
  6. I'm going to have to learn to type one-handed in the dark if I keep holding E as much as I do. Ultrasound technicians have a great left-handed technique. I'll probably type half my disserttion righty-only by the glow of my laptop screen.
  7. God is very very good to me.

No comments: