Sunday, January 16, 2005

Apropos

I was reading Psalms last week, and this verse stood out to me like no verse has. (This was before I knew about our newest and greatest blessing.)

Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart,
and wait for the Lord.
(Psalm 27:14, New Int'l Version)

We, of course, have been waiting for this blessing for some time. Tina has been eager since about May 18, 1997. I've been slower in coming around, but have been waiting for the Lord for some time. And He delivered right on His timetable, not ours, as he is wont to do. But the timing is perfect, as His always is.

Happily, it works out well for us. Tina has just gotten through her probationary period at work, so her job is quite secure. The baby is due in early September - after I'll have taken and passed, God willing, my big ol' comprehensive exam, but before I'll have started earnest work on my dissertation. And I'll be done with classes by then, too.

His plan is perfect, and He indeed works it for His glory. But He also blesses those who love Him.

No comments: